Free HR Compliance Health Check Questionnaire
Once you consider recruiting your first employee you enter the world of HR compliance and what a complex world it is. More than 50 pieces of legislation, regulation and codes of practice encapsulate the Employment Compliance Environment, regulating the employment relationship spanning the entire employment life cycle from sourcing candidates to long after the person has retired or left your company.
Did you also know that once the new Employment Compliance Bill is enacted the cost of none compliance could reach €250,000? Even as it stands, not complying with for example the Organisation of Working Time Act (keeping proper records of hours worked, rest periods, statutory leave taken etc) can result in a fine of €5000 for each offence. And if you do not have the appropriate policies and procedures (and implement them) you run the risk of significant payouts when an employee pursues a claim through the LRC, Labour Court, Employment Appeals Tribunal or Equality Tribunal.
Are you and your business compliant?
If you are operating in the Republic of Ireland, complete this Quick Health Check Questionnaire and submit it for a free initial review of your level of compliance.
HR Compliance Basic Checklist
(This checklist is not intended to be comprehensive but is indicative of the types of compliance issues of which you should be aware. )
- Are all your job advertisements / announcements equality proofed?
- Are all those who interview candidates trained and fully aware of their legal responsibilities?
- Do all of your employees have a contract of employment setting out a statement of their terms and conditions of employment?
- Do you treat all employees - regardless of employment status - in the same way?
- Are all employees fully aware of their statutory rights and obligations?
- Do you have a Health and Safety policy?
- Do you have Grievance and Disciplinary policies and procedures?
- Does your organisation maintain records of every employees (including managers) hours of work, rest periods and holidays?
- Do you have a Data Protection / information handling policy?
- Have you got an Internet Security / Email policy in place?
- Do you have an Employee Handbook that summarises all of your employment policies?
- Is there a Bullying and Harassment Policy in place?
For more information on HR compliance or to explore further how HR compliant your organisation is please contact Consulting Excellence today.